Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Caution: Graphic/Burns


Hello all!



This morning while I was making tea and assembling my breakfast I had a bit of an accident! I picked the kettle off the stove, spun around just a little too fast and it slipped from my hand- falling to the floor and splashing scalding water all over my right leg.

I screamed of course, and after the immediate pain subsided I took off my leggings and stood in the middle of the kitchen in my underwear and contemplated, stupidly, whether or not I should clean the water off the floor first or go tend to the burn, which didn't look that bad then.

I chose the burn- going to the bathroom and sitting on the edge of the tub I splashed cold water on what was turning out to be a burn much worse than I'd initially thought!

I've never been seriously injured- all I knew about this was that it would require more than a Band-Aid.

So what do you do when when you have no idea what you're doing? Well, you call your mother!

We talked on the phone for a bit (me still in the tub) and she decided it would probably best if she took me to the ER.

After the ER

I have first and second degree burns and was prescribed some pain medication that I have yet to take, since the pain isn't bad. Actually, it doesn't hurt at all! But I did take two large Ibuprofen and two Tylenol before that.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the actual burns as they progressed- warning, they're pretty gross (that didn't stop me from texting them to a bunch of people!)





Despite everything, my day was actually quite lovely and relaxed. I took it easy and watched a few movies, including 500 Days of Summer and You've Got Mail.

I'm not overly fond of romantic movies, though I love both of these.

But who doesn't love Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan? Especially together!



Thank you for reading!

1 comment:

  1. That's awful, Maddy! It looks soooo painful! Hope it heals quickly!!

    ReplyDelete