Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Donna Buang & Water For Believers

Hello!

This past Tuesday we went on a field trip to Mt. Donna Buang. We drove for about an hour and a half to the summit and proceeded down the mountain, stopping three times in total, to see how the flora and fauna changes from higher elevations to the base of the mountain. I loved this trip more than any of the others because it reminded me how BIG Australia is, and that I've only seen a teeny tiny bit of it. The forest was amazing; unlike Melbourne getting out into the wild really reminded me of how far from home I was- and it was exciting!



At our second stop halfway down the mountain there was a small stream, where a metal box-contraption sat pumping out cold water for hikers to drink. A man then pulled up in a big red truck and proceeded to fill about seven or eight ten-gallon jugs full of the water. I asked him what for and he said he makes his coffee and tea with it! He also said that the water has healing abilities- I know some of you will think that's ridiculous, but trust me, if you tasted this water you'd believe it too!

I took this photo from the bus

Jordan filling his bottle

Thanks for reading!

Oh, and for those who have tried to comment but were unable to- I've changed the settings to allow all comments! I'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Maddy Rose, I hope you get this post. I love reading your blog and hearing about all your adventures. When you go into the desert no playing with poisonous snakes or spiders! I have to get back to work, but I'll write again later. (" miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maddy,

    Wonderful pictures and comentary. Love hearing another perspective on Australia, your trip, school and adventures. Keep up the hard work and harder playin.

    Cheers!
    Uncle Mark

    ReplyDelete