Friday, January 25, 2013

Love Where You Live

Hello again,

I forgot to say in the last post that my phone has been disconnected and I wont be able to call anyone until I get settled in New Zealand on the 6th or 7th. I'll have Internet for sure until the 29th, but I might not during my travel week.

Sorry to all of those I promised I'd call!

Anyway, today the morning and early afternoon were muggy and hot, and then it got windy and cool in the evening. It literally went from the worst of the worst to extremely pleasant. I'm not complaining!

But I was looking yesterday at my aunt's blog, Raven and Sparrow, as well as my dad's, Corner of the Block, and I saw a lot of pictures of what my home currently looks like. Stuck in the deep, dark, sleepy grip of January, I can't think of a more beautiful place.

Most of the people I talk to when I call home complain about the weather there- and it's understandable. Too much of something, especially rain and cold, can chip away at high spirits.

One thing I've realized while I've been gone is that we should all appreciate our homes. Whether it's warm and summery or bitter and winter, home is home, and there is a beauty in that- in having a place that will always be yours, rain or shine, no matter what.

In a way Melbourne is also my home- and I know I'll come back someday. But I have a new appreciation for Seattle, and Washington in general. Before I left for Aussie all I could think about was getting away, but now sticking around doesn't seem so bad. I'll always be a traveler, but I'll also always need a home to come back to.

I think Seattle will do perfectly.

What I see as I'm writing this. There's just a bit of sun left.

Thanks

5 comments:

  1. Maddyrose, you said it best! That's exactly how I feel when I travel. Between family and the area theres no better place to be. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maddy--I'm so happy you're blogging. You are doing an amazing job of it and I so appreciate you taking us all along on this wonderful journey with you!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Girl! I miss you tons and honestly, it's good to know that you plan on living here in Seattle;b The next time you go to Au, I'M COMING WITH YOU. Take lots of pics of strangers and weird animals for me, kay?
    Lots of Love,
    Your dear old Hannagan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great blog Maddy! I've always been a fan of your writing and it is so much fun to read about your experiences. I'll be checking in often. Have fun for all of us here at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. madjust note to let yu we ar think of yu. hope yu ar have a good time love you guess who

    ReplyDelete