Friday, February 8, 2013

And My First Breath In Auckland Was...Smokey

That's not exactly a significant statement- everyone smoked in Australia, too.

Anyway, today has been a little negative for me, to be honest.

Wait, that wasn't phrased well. Today, while nothing bad has happened to me, I have had a considerably negative mind set. I'm not unhappy, and I like it in Auckland so far (only three days) so it's baffling that I've been so inwardly grumpy. Nothing terrible, but whenever I think of something, pretty much anything, the thought ends up having a bitter after taste.I re-read my Adelaide post and was kind of shocked- It seemed like I had a lame time! I had SO MUCH FUN in the outback and even in sketchy Adelaide. I don't think I expressed it well in my previous post. I don't think my funk has been affecting the way I carry myself or the way I treat other people. Which is good! I would hate to snap at anyone for something so stupid.

Anyway! I'm going to the beach tomorrow (black sand!) and I'm sure my troubles will be swept away in the glorious waves and sunshine. And don't worry, I'll take lots of pictures!

Which reminds me, I feel like I should mention where I'm typing this right now. I'm in an Internet cafe on a really sketchy street a few blocks from our apartments (the apartments, I might add, are wonderful). There are a bunch of people here, all teenage guys playing World of Warcraft like games and speaking like, five different languages. It's very strange being in a room full of talking, laughing people and not understanding a single word!

I love traveling! It's all about the new and bizarre experiences.

Pictures ASAP, hopefully tomorrow night!

Thanks for reading, darlings! 





No comments:

Post a Comment