Sunday, February 3, 2013

Photo Update!



Gallahs- they were as common as crows!

Not sure what this guy was, but he wasn't afraid of us! And I might have been feeding him...

Our cabin

 The desert through my eyes in the back seat!

 Hiking to Wilpena Pound


Steph poking a dead kangaroo with a stick. Classy, as always.
(Though I might have made her do it longer so I could take this picture!)

I'm thinking this is some sort of agama. It reminds me of my sister's old lizard, Seth! 

 Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree 
Merry merry king of the bushes,  he
Laugh, Kookaburra laugh, Kookaburra
Gay his life must be!
Not the best picture, but he wasn't overly fond of us, so it was hard to get close.


Home of the funnel web spider, I do believe? 



  
We didn't know until we climbed up to a look-out point that we were actually IN the pound! 







As always, thanks for reading! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great photos Maddy. It looks like you have seen some wonderful things. What do you think of the outback in retrospect?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! We were there during an unusually cool period weather wise, so hiking (they call it walking there!) was very enjoyable.It was difficult to show in pictures, but we were in the center of a bowl like formation- there were hills all around us.

    The outback is something a person can't experience in three days, though, and I know that someday I'll have to return!

    Thanks for your comment, Dana!

    ReplyDelete